People from all walks of life are now hiring coaches to assist them in achieving a variety of personal and professional goals. The growth in coaching is evidenced by the increasing number of coaches joining the International Coaching Federation, the professional association that sets the sets ethics and standards for the coaching field and provides certification. Through the process of coaching, clients can deepen their awareness and enhance their quality of life.
In this informative conversation with Joan and Pamela, you’ll hear:
- how coaching differs from therapy
- about the various methods of coaching
- the techniques used to set and achieve specific goals
- that certain blocks can keep you from what you want for yourself
- how the core of this work focuses on action and results
- why it is important to work with a certified, licensed coach
Pamela Weiss is a professional coach, meditation teacher, and founder of her company, An Appropriate Response. She is currently a teacher-in-training with Jack Kornfield through Spirit Rock Meditation Center. Her work focuses on coaching leaders and executives and offering meditation classes and retreats. Pamela is also a senior course leader with New Ventures West, a coach training organization based in San Francisco. www.appropriateresponse.com www.newventureswest.com.
You can listen online or download all of our shows - as well as find more information about our guests, their organizations, and their websites at www.joankenley.com